Tuesday, January 08, 2008

MicroStock Diary - iStockphoto

iStockphoto is the Granddaddy of all the MicroStock sites. It is one of the oldest, is owned by one of the largest traditional Stock sites (Getty Images), and has the best reputation in terms of professionalism and quality.

I started on iStockphoto about 18 months ago and it is consistently one of my top earners. I have had my images downloaded by designers over 7500 times, with one image downloaded over 1500 times. It is extremely hard to get images accepted on the site, but once they are there, they sell well. And you only have to submit 3 images for your initial review, and the critique of those images will be very helpful. It is the site you should get onto first, as the standards on the other sites follow closely to iStockphoto.

My other top sites are (in no order of importance)...
ShutterStock; DreamsTime; Fotolio - all good earners.

I started as an amateur, didn't think I would ever get accepted (I persevered though), and I am quite surprised by how much I earn each month (it bought me my new Canon 30D camera). Sign up through the LINKS to the right (top of the page) and start being surprised with yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Happy Shuttering - Chad

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I found a picture of yours of a couple of houses and a hand making drawings on Shutterstock last November. I would like to purchase a license to use it but I am unable to find it now.

If you know the one I am referring to could you please email back with a location where a license can be purchased.

You can reach me at eking at asplaw dot net

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the comment and the link to your blog on my Flickr image today. I'll check out the stock sites you recommend and hopefully submit something soon.

Cheers,

Jim (aquatone282)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Marty Desilets said...

Chad,

Thanks for the comment on my flickr page and compliments on my image...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emedia/2297611383/

Your work is quite good!

Marty

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear chad,

Thank you for the kind words you left on my Flickr image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sea_albert/2296238665/

I will certainly follow your advice and take a look at the phote stock site.

Compliments to your work and inspirational attitude.

Kind regards,
Albert
(sea_albert)

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got good work

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter
CircuitCity