Thursday, September 06, 2007

MAKE MONEY selling Photos

I am a hobbyist photographer and I sell my stock photos through the websites listed on the upper-right side of this blog page (under LINKS). In under a year I made enough to upgrade my equipment to a Canon 30D camera and a Canon 24-105 f/4L lens.

MicroStock Photography Info.......
1. The sites DO NOT charge a sign-up fee nor any storage fees;
2. The average fee you earn per download is $0.30 to $2.00 per image;
3. I personally average over 1000 downloads a month (for 2007);
4. Stock photography is NOT fine art photography (images are used to sell something);
5. Not all images get approved; you must pass quality and compositional reviews;
6. It's residual income, or passive income.

Click this blogs title to sign up at ShutterStock (my best earner) as my personal referral photographer - and all of the other sites, as well, listed under LINKS.

Best wishes and Happy Shuttering.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kajal@aapplemint said...

Hey Chad , this sounds interesting , will have to give it a try. I would love to make a buck on the side and upgrade from my 400D to something better as well :D

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd love to find out more..so far i've thought about making and selling cards with some of my images and i've also thought about the idea of investigating the jigsaw puzzle market..this seems like a cool idea.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is quite generous of you to share this information so freely. I think the most challenging part of this for those of us that like to take artistic photos is to change our mindset.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this - it's a really valuable blog - I've posted some photos in the past on www.stockxchange.com which is a free photo exchange site and was amazed how over time how many images had be downloaded. Be nice to earn a little from a hobby - help to pay for some new software or accessories!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/watersapphire/

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter
CircuitCity